Saturday, January 28, 2012

A Walk in the Park


As many of you know, I recently moved north Georgia, and I've had a great time exploring different parts of Atlanta, Athens, and many places in between. One place I visited recently was the The State Botanical Garden of Georgia. It was a nice, mellow day out and a perfect, midwinter pick-me-up.  There are lots of trails if you want to exercise or go for a walk in the woods, but if it's raining or cold, there are things to do inside too.  My first visit was prompted by taking my mom to the opening of their current art exhibit, "Nature Inspired Quilts." Now that I've seen what they have to offer, you can bet I'll be back.  They have art, gardening, and science classes as well as exercise groups for Zumba and Tia Chi.  I'm really excited about their cooking classes by local chefs, and their indoor restaurant looked like a great place for a lunch date.  All in all, if you're in the area, I suggest you give this place a try (http://botgarden.uga.edu/).  Below are some pictures I took while I was there.




Photos by Jenn Ballard
The State Botanical Gardens of Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment